"Death is a confirmation of the believer's creed. For the skeptic, it is discovery, immense and late. - Calvin Miller

 

"Let your adorning be the hidden person of the heart with the imperishable beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which in God's sight is very precious."

1 Peter 3:4

 

 

Say Jay's Speculations

 

 

 

. ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... .

 

. ... ... ... ... ... ... ... .

 

Monday, June 07, 2004

I had my first and hardest final today, so the week commences with me dragging my feet behind me. I have 91 hours til this is over, I think.


In other news, I found an interesting blog this evening that I thought I'd point out. It's not for the faint of heart, as the author, Ben, is honest about his struggle as a Christian to overcome a homosexual lifestyle. He's not afraid to lay it all out, the struggles, the issues, his thoughts, the reasons he thinks he is gay... It's not overly graphic, it didn't make me uncomfortable to read (though I wasn't able to get through all of the entries, due to time constraints), but I figured it might be wise to put a little warning with it here, though it seems to me that it would be better to read and see a glimpse into his mindgo than not read. His thoughts and struggles are, to me, a prime example of what it means to "do what you do not want to do..." (romans 7) and I can relate in my own ways.

What I want to do (and may do in an email) is let him know he's right in his conviction, no matter what the world says, no matter how hard his flesh battles against his spirit. It kills me when I think of how frustrating it feels when we live in a defeated instead of a defeating lifestyle. I know that frustration and I know what it is like to be truly freed of doubt and worry.

My sin can't chain me down anymore- it chained down God Incarnate for three days, and even then the gravity of my sin couldn't tie Him- and now we have such great hope! I long for all believers to know that they, too, have been brought out from the house of bondage.

Comments: Post a Comment

 

 

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

 See Who I Visit

Morgan

My home on the net

Steve

Lil bro Drew

Julie

Aaron

David

Keith

Rus

My bestest friend Jess

John Piper

Theophilus

Adam Ochuk

Real Live Preacher

Correction

Rhonda's Ramblings

DaveJac

Steven

Chrissy

 

 

Somethin' Cute

current
10/01/2002 - 11/01/2002
11/01/2002 - 12/01/2002
12/01/2002 - 01/01/2003
02/01/2003 - 03/01/2003
03/01/2003 - 04/01/2003
04/01/2003 - 05/01/2003
05/01/2003 - 06/01/2003
06/01/2003 - 07/01/2003
07/01/2003 - 08/01/2003
08/01/2003 - 09/01/2003
09/01/2003 - 10/01/2003
10/01/2003 - 11/01/2003
11/01/2003 - 12/01/2003
12/01/2003 - 01/01/2004
01/01/2004 - 02/01/2004
02/01/2004 - 03/01/2004
03/01/2004 - 04/01/2004
04/01/2004 - 05/01/2004
05/01/2004 - 06/01/2004
06/01/2004 - 07/01/2004

 

 

 

.::This page was designed by Morgan::.

.::Photo courtesy of Wide Eyed Wonder Photography 2003::.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?