"Death is a confirmation of the believer's creed. For the skeptic, it is discovery, immense and late. - Calvin Miller

 

"Let your adorning be the hidden person of the heart with the imperishable beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which in God's sight is very precious."

1 Peter 3:4

 

 

Say Jay's Speculations

 

 

 

. ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... .

 

. ... ... ... ... ... ... ... .

 

Saturday, June 05, 2004

I actually wrote both of these things with music that I truly like, which is rare. Me, guitar, and the moon. :) I need to write another chunk in this first one, but I've not been able to come up with anything for another stanza or a bridge. If you have any topics that I could play around with that seem like they'd fit in, please let me know. :)


Center of the Dawn

Saw a face in the moon tonight
Tips his hat, I wonder why he's so polite
Sittin on top of the world,
Or was it just my rooftop sofa?

-chorus- I pull out my rubberband guitar
Grin and blush and laugh with the stars
I hold my breath for the waking of the sun
So I can dance in the center of the dawn

Inkblot sky yawns above me,
I serenade the moon
Firefly strings of twinkle lights
Cardboard fiddle and bow of kite-strings

(back to chorus)



--------

If you knocked on my door today
I would turn and run away
I trusted you when you said
That I could follow wherever you led

And now my heart still hurts
And I can't take you back
These wounds run too deep,
I'm not ready yet

I could never deny
These tears you made me cry
And all the sorries you could ever say
Could never erase them all away


EDIT:

I thought of another verse today for Center of the Dawn. Like the others, it just kind of came to me bit by bit when I started dreaming myself into the song:

---
So here's the whole thing as it sits now:

Center of the Dawn

Saw a face in the moon tonight
Tipped his hat, I wonder why he's so polite
Sittin on top of the world,
Or was it just my rooftop sofa?

-chorus- I pull out my rubberband guitar
Grin and blush and laugh with the stars
I hold my breath for the waking of the sun
So I can dance in the center of the dawn

Closed my eyes when the breeze came by
Pats my head, "Hello," he says, I heave a sigh
Sittin on the floor of the heavens
Or was it just my magic carpet?

Inkblot sky yawns above me,
I serenade the moon
Firefly strings of twinkle lights
Cardboard fiddle and bow of kite-strings

(back to chorus)

Comments: Post a Comment

 

 

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

 See Who I Visit

Morgan

My home on the net

Steve

Lil bro Drew

Julie

Aaron

David

Keith

Rus

My bestest friend Jess

John Piper

Theophilus

Adam Ochuk

Real Live Preacher

Correction

Rhonda's Ramblings

DaveJac

Steven

Chrissy

 

 

Somethin' Cute

current
10/01/2002 - 11/01/2002
11/01/2002 - 12/01/2002
12/01/2002 - 01/01/2003
02/01/2003 - 03/01/2003
03/01/2003 - 04/01/2003
04/01/2003 - 05/01/2003
05/01/2003 - 06/01/2003
06/01/2003 - 07/01/2003
07/01/2003 - 08/01/2003
08/01/2003 - 09/01/2003
09/01/2003 - 10/01/2003
10/01/2003 - 11/01/2003
11/01/2003 - 12/01/2003
12/01/2003 - 01/01/2004
01/01/2004 - 02/01/2004
02/01/2004 - 03/01/2004
03/01/2004 - 04/01/2004
04/01/2004 - 05/01/2004
05/01/2004 - 06/01/2004
06/01/2004 - 07/01/2004

 

 

 

.::This page was designed by Morgan::.

.::Photo courtesy of Wide Eyed Wonder Photography 2003::.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?