"Let your adorning be the hidden person of the heart with the imperishable
beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which in God's sight is very precious."
1
Peter 3:4
"Death is a confirmation of the believer's creed. For the skeptic, it is discovery, immense and late. - Calvin Miller
I have so much Christian fellowship crammed into the very middle of the week that it's not even funny.
On Wednesdays I have discipleship class (a 2 hour lecture class taught by my campus minister, Brady Bobbink. It's wonderful) and then I meet one-on-one with my friend/Bible study leader, Sienna, and then I dash off after that to Core at 8:30. Thursday morning I meet with Nui to study Acts (we studied chapter 5 today... awesome.), and then meet up in the evening with a group of people to watch RC Sproul sermons.
It's so challenging and encouraging and I often feel like I'm over-ministered to during these two days. By Tuesday I'm feeling a bit dry after sheol-monday and I'm ready to have my appetite for the Word whetted all over again.
Yesterday God used Sienna to directly humble me. Through the roommate conflicts in my apartment, I have been really struggling to remain loving and non-judgmental. I don't even think her purpose was to make me think about some of the issues I thought about, but God's purpose surely was. I still don't think I was being arrogant or self-righteous, but it was good to have a gentle reminder not to be. It's incredibly difficult to love when you are not loved in return, but that is just what God does with us. Though we spite Him, throw insults and slander His way, and run away with our inheritance, He is always patiently seeking for our return to His fold of obedience, seeking to be reconciled with those He has called by name.
Now if only we learned to see through God's eyes and love with God's love, how we might be such sweet and fragrant testimonies of His faithfulness to those who need a witness.