"Death is a confirmation of the believer's creed. For the skeptic, it is discovery, immense and late. - Calvin Miller

 

"Let your adorning be the hidden person of the heart with the imperishable beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which in God's sight is very precious."

1 Peter 3:4

 

 

Say Jay's Speculations

 

 

 

. ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... .

 

. ... ... ... ... ... ... ... .

 

Friday, April 09, 2004

*yawn*
*propping eyelids open with toothpicks*

I just wanted to toss another entry out here, since I want to maintain consistency, despite business. I hope that doesn't mean that all quality is thrown out at the same time, but we'll have to see.

I would just like to say a few things:

1) God is good to sustain through hard things and long days. It is repeatedly a marvel to me to look back, even just on a week and see His hand so clearly through friendships and provision and His very obvious plan in new things. I've really enjoyed the last week or two, despite the craziness of my academic and work life because I am so excited about the new things He is showing me and showing others.

2) I should have been in bed l-o-n-g ago, but I had two very good phone conversations tonight, one that was healing and good, and one that was thoroughly enjoyable and good. Sometimes you have to say "screw homework" and put it aside for a few hours, even if it means returning to finish at 3 am. Just not too often, haha. Um, especially if you are getting sick. :-D

3) A lecturer came to our campus tonight. His name is Dr. Byron Johnson, and he's quite an influential and educated man in this country. The neatest part is that he is a believer and was asked to come speak about the influence of religion on society. He is a sociologist (something I am passionate about...) that has been studying "faith-based organizations" such as The Salvation Army and Teen Challenge. Religion studies are highly underrepresented, he says, in the literature, especially how faith-based organizations impact and serve and provide money for communities. There is a push to make money available to these organizations, but then do you run into the trouble of separation of church and state? I realize that that concept is meant to protect the church from the state, but obviously that's not how it is understood in mainstream America. I don't know... he's a brilliant man, a professor at Princeton and Baylor, as well as a huge long list of governmental committees (House of Representatives) that he impacts. It was very cool to hear what he had to say, I was glad I went.

4) There is a girl in my bible study who asked for prayer for diligence in reading the Word this quarter. She said she'll be on track for a few days and get off again, and she really wants to make it a daily thing. The coolest part is that I have been praying for something in that position to come into my life to sort of "mentor" and come alongside to spur on. So I prayed about it and asked her tonight if she wanted to read the book of Acts together, and she said she'd never really read that one, and she would love to. Now it's just a matter of finding time before 11 pm every night that we can get together once a week or something. I am excited for this.

5) The Mariner's lost. AGAIN. Hasegawa gave up 5 runs in the 9th inning, so instead of winning 1-0 the way it looked... the end score was 1-5. How do you give up 5!!! singles in the 9th inning so that all the runners make it in on their own. Not even a homerun. *sigh* It's a good thing i'm not a fair weather fan, because otherwise I'd have turned tail tonight at their 3rd loss of 3 games. haha

6) I can't believe I'm still typing. I hope I'm coherent. I'll read back over this in the morning and scratch my head, I'm sure. Many apologies for useless drivel produced in the mid of morning.

7) I get to go home for Easter weekend! I'm leaving tomorrow morning with my friend, so I should go finish packing up now. :)

Comments: Post a Comment

 

 

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

 See Who I Visit

Morgan

My home on the net

Steve

Lil bro Drew

Julie

Aaron

David

Keith

Rus

My bestest friend Jess

John Piper

Theophilus

Adam Ochuk

Real Live Preacher

Correction

Rhonda's Ramblings

DaveJac

Steven

Chrissy

 

 

Somethin' Cute

current
10/01/2002 - 11/01/2002
11/01/2002 - 12/01/2002
12/01/2002 - 01/01/2003
02/01/2003 - 03/01/2003
03/01/2003 - 04/01/2003
04/01/2003 - 05/01/2003
05/01/2003 - 06/01/2003
06/01/2003 - 07/01/2003
07/01/2003 - 08/01/2003
08/01/2003 - 09/01/2003
09/01/2003 - 10/01/2003
10/01/2003 - 11/01/2003
11/01/2003 - 12/01/2003
12/01/2003 - 01/01/2004
01/01/2004 - 02/01/2004
02/01/2004 - 03/01/2004
03/01/2004 - 04/01/2004
04/01/2004 - 05/01/2004
05/01/2004 - 06/01/2004
06/01/2004 - 07/01/2004

 

 

 

.::This page was designed by Morgan::.

.::Photo courtesy of Wide Eyed Wonder Photography 2003::.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?