"Death is a confirmation of the believer's creed. For the skeptic, it is discovery, immense and late. - Calvin Miller

 

"Let your adorning be the hidden person of the heart with the imperishable beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which in God's sight is very precious."

1 Peter 3:4

 

 

Say Jay's Speculations

 

 

 

. ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... .

 

. ... ... ... ... ... ... ... .

 

Wednesday, April 07, 2004

I don't know that I've ever written a blog post from the computer lab at school before, by the end of this post you'll see why I am guessing it may happen more before spring is out... this is fun... :)

I thought I loved spring quarter, but I hate it when a 3 credit class requires a 2 hour lab on top of 3 hours of lecture on top of a ton of homework. Especially when that's how 4 of your 5 classes are, and when the profs didn't at ALL in any way indicate that we should prepare our schedules for having extra labs outside of class period... and when you have to take a bunch of classes that end up all being demanding, just so you can be a full-time student.

Welcome to my hell. :) I'll give you a quick taste of just Monday by the hour:

8 am: Class with the teacher we affectionately call "SOS" - short for "spawn of satan"
9 am: clinical observation of language disordered therapy
10 am: lecture
11 am: lab
12 pm: lab continued
1 pm: lecture class that is associated with the preceding lab
2 pm: class
3 pm: run to the student union building and shove food in my face
4 pm: lecture
5 pm: lecture continued
6 pm: lecture continued again
7 pm: RA meeting

You know it's a bad quarter when someone asks how your day was and you say without thinking "oh, it was pretty relaxing and good. I only had 3 classes today..." "...and I actually got to eat 2 full meals."

ha.

In other news.... wait, I haven't had time for any other news...

Oh, yes I have. The Mariners lost their opening game yesterday. Talk about heartbreaking.
I assure you that no matter how busy I get, I am going to keep up with baseball. My frisbee is looking forlorn in my backpack... and my softball glove hasn't even had a chance to be pulled off my shelf. But my books will be highlighted with notes in the margins, and I'm going to get into grad school because of it, so it will pay off in the end.

And for those of you who say college isn't about classes and studying, I'm sorry, but you're wrong. Maybe they're not about studying for Van Wilder or Einstein... but I'm definitely somewhere in the middle of those two extremes. :-D


Comments: Post a Comment

 

 

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

 See Who I Visit

Morgan

My home on the net

Steve

Lil bro Drew

Julie

Aaron

David

Keith

Rus

My bestest friend Jess

John Piper

Theophilus

Adam Ochuk

Real Live Preacher

Correction

Rhonda's Ramblings

DaveJac

Steven

Chrissy

 

 

Somethin' Cute

current
10/01/2002 - 11/01/2002
11/01/2002 - 12/01/2002
12/01/2002 - 01/01/2003
02/01/2003 - 03/01/2003
03/01/2003 - 04/01/2003
04/01/2003 - 05/01/2003
05/01/2003 - 06/01/2003
06/01/2003 - 07/01/2003
07/01/2003 - 08/01/2003
08/01/2003 - 09/01/2003
09/01/2003 - 10/01/2003
10/01/2003 - 11/01/2003
11/01/2003 - 12/01/2003
12/01/2003 - 01/01/2004
01/01/2004 - 02/01/2004
02/01/2004 - 03/01/2004
03/01/2004 - 04/01/2004
04/01/2004 - 05/01/2004
05/01/2004 - 06/01/2004
06/01/2004 - 07/01/2004

 

 

 

.::This page was designed by Morgan::.

.::Photo courtesy of Wide Eyed Wonder Photography 2003::.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?