"Let your adorning be the hidden person of the heart with the imperishable
beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which in God's sight is very precious."
1
Peter 3:4
"Death is a confirmation of the believer's creed. For the skeptic, it is discovery, immense and late. - Calvin Miller
Follow up to the previous post - read that one first.
In response to Steve's comment: I vented to my friend about the evening later and she agreed... but sometimes I am able to just move on. Sometimes I wish I was more like people like you - I really appreciate the passion that you have for truth. I am definitely passionate about it, but sometimes I figure... well, in some way the gospel is being preached. If God uses the preaching of people who do it out of selfish ambition (Phil. 1), I guess He can (and does) use people who are mistaken in other ways... It doesn't excuse their lack of knowledge, but it sheds light on why I am able to stay without becoming livid.
One of the interesting things of the night that I forgot to write about was that in the middle of the whole deal, I felt a humongously heavy burden to leave the concert hall and go by myself to pray. There is no ignoring the call of God when it is that loud and persistent in your ears, so I got up and left. I was going to go outside - I kept feeling these nagging worries that the building wasn't safe, but the doors were locked and I wouldn't have been able to get back in (which I think would have been less safe - sitting out in the dark for another hour by myself? not so cool.) so I stayed in the hallway and sat on the floor.
I still have no clue what it was exactly I was supposed to pray for. I covered a lot of ground and was especially burdened to pray for safety of everyone gathered, against Satan and against the way he might use the words that were being spoken from the front. I spent a lot of time praying for my friend Heidi, who was in the concert hall but who isn't a believer (yet). I don't know if the Spirit was really working in her heart last night or if there was some other reason, but finally I felt peace to go back in. I think that may also be part of why I was able to enjoy the night - I felt peace that God was in control of all that was said and done and I had spent time covering the event in prayer.
Sorry that this post is poorly written. I don't know that I've produced that many poorly constructed sentences since I graduated from elementary school. :)