"Death is a confirmation of the believer's creed. For the skeptic, it is discovery, immense and late. - Calvin Miller

 

"Let your adorning be the hidden person of the heart with the imperishable beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which in God's sight is very precious."

1 Peter 3:4

 

 

Say Jay's Speculations

 

 

 

. ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... .

 

. ... ... ... ... ... ... ... .

 

Friday, April 30, 2004

Cars and "Alias"

Daddy found me a new car and it is now purchased and sitting at home waiting for next weekend when I will retrieve it. It's a 2000 Dodge Neon sedan. We got it for a really good deal, and so now my next project is to learn to drive a stick-shift. I'm really excited to try it. Maybe I'm just really excited to have wheels again, and the fact that it is a stick-shift is wonderful in light of the fact that it's all mine. It's so frustrating to be dependent on someone else ALL the time. It's been good for me, but it's also been frustrating many-a-time.

So the waiting is almost over. Too bad the price of gas is sky-rocket high right now.

I am also a recent convert to the "Alias" cult. If you have never watched this show, don't. Especially if you have a somewhat addictive personality because it -will- suck you in. My roommate (the other one from the previously discussed one) owns the first two seasons on dvd and watches it faithfully on Sunday nights (or tapes it and watches later.) I always teased her about it, but then I heard a few other friends that I meet with for Bible study discussing how good it is, and I resolved to give it a chance. Starting with the very first episode, I was on the edge of my seat for the entire (and I mean, the EDGE) approximately 43 minutes of the show. That was about 3 weeks ago. In the time that it took most people to follow 3 episodes, I have consumed 15. 5 times as many.

Today I watched six episodes. And I plan on watching at least 2 or 3 more before bed - not because I feel like I have to for fulfillment, but because I am trying to watch both seasons before school is out and Jenny takes the dvd's away. We'll see if I can or not.

I find that I enjoy it for many reasons. One is because it is generally quite clean. There have yet to be any real sex scenes, bad language is rare, and it is mentally challenging. I am consistently surprised by the turn of events through the course of the show, and that is not common; I am usually able to predict movies or shows within the first 5 minutes. I never walk away from an episode of "Alias" feeling dirty or smutty like I do when I watch sitcoms.

I joke about being addicted, but I should reassure you that it's just a joke. I'm not addicted, but it is a really nice way to spend down time. I would like to read more, and I guess I could spend that time reading... but after all the textbook reading I have to do, it's difficult to sit and read that much more text for "fun" right now. I'm setting aside summer for books... for now... it's...

Alias.

Check it out, for reals. It comes highly recommended.

Comments: Post a Comment

 

 

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

 See Who I Visit

Morgan

My home on the net

Steve

Lil bro Drew

Julie

Aaron

David

Keith

Rus

My bestest friend Jess

John Piper

Theophilus

Adam Ochuk

Real Live Preacher

Correction

Rhonda's Ramblings

DaveJac

Steven

Chrissy

 

 

Somethin' Cute

current
10/01/2002 - 11/01/2002
11/01/2002 - 12/01/2002
12/01/2002 - 01/01/2003
02/01/2003 - 03/01/2003
03/01/2003 - 04/01/2003
04/01/2003 - 05/01/2003
05/01/2003 - 06/01/2003
06/01/2003 - 07/01/2003
07/01/2003 - 08/01/2003
08/01/2003 - 09/01/2003
09/01/2003 - 10/01/2003
10/01/2003 - 11/01/2003
11/01/2003 - 12/01/2003
12/01/2003 - 01/01/2004
01/01/2004 - 02/01/2004
02/01/2004 - 03/01/2004
03/01/2004 - 04/01/2004
04/01/2004 - 05/01/2004
05/01/2004 - 06/01/2004
06/01/2004 - 07/01/2004

 

 

 

.::This page was designed by Morgan::.

.::Photo courtesy of Wide Eyed Wonder Photography 2003::.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?