"Let your adorning be the hidden person of the heart with the imperishable
beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which in God's sight is very precious."
1
Peter 3:4
"Death is a confirmation of the believer's creed. For the skeptic, it is discovery, immense and late. - Calvin Miller
I hate that m&ms are currently all black and white. Where's the love?! I want some color...
*yawn* I wish I could tell you why I'm still up... oh wait, I can.
I've been sucked into that theology board I linked to in my last post. I'm in a debate with someone about, well, basically about birth control, and it takes a lot of time and effort to reply to his posts. He's smarter, older, and more knowledgable than I am, and it's a hard challenge to refute what he's saying. It's oh-so-good for me, though because it keeps solidifying and actually strengthening my convictions that he's wrong. :)
I just got back to school from spring break, and I honestly do feel pretty refreshed and ready to tackle whatever God has for me this quarter.
The highlight of my week was right in the middle. I spent all day wednesday and all thursday night with some friends that I actually met through the internet. Various activities scattered throughout the days were such a blast, but the key thing that I discovered is that it is entirely possible to feel free to be myself even with someone I've actually known in-the-flesh for a few hours. I met with Morgan, David, Julie, Julie, and a few other people over the course of the two days, and David was actually the only one I hadn't spent some lengthy time with. I have to include that so that I don't sound incredibly psycho.
I laughed a lot, a lot a lot, and that is good. I love to laugh and try to make it a habit in everyday life. The group I was with made it easy to do for those two days.
I'm also feeling pretty convicted about wasting time and participating in godless chatter. I am going to be praying about how to limit those areas in my life. I don't generally consider blogging "godless chatter," since it's usually saturated with Him, and I don't know that I'd consider discussing theology "godless chatter" because it often spurs me on to study more. But I just need to have endurance to turn from the bad and fill those places with good. I'm kind of ready for classes to start to fill some of the bad places that I want to root out, but they don't start til Tuesday... so I guess the Word is a better thing anyways.
I can't believe it's almost April. I get to change my calendar soon! Call me a geek, but I love my calendar and that makes me excited. It's filled with girly ideas of things to do each month... quotes from books and the like... plus it just feels like another accomplishment. "Whew... I made it another month by and with the grace of God and I have another one to start all over with."