"Death is a confirmation of the believer's creed. For the skeptic, it is discovery, immense and late. - Calvin Miller

 

"Let your adorning be the hidden person of the heart with the imperishable beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which in God's sight is very precious."

1 Peter 3:4

 

 

Say Jay's Speculations

 

 

 

. ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... .

 

. ... ... ... ... ... ... ... .

 

Thursday, February 12, 2004

The Evil Word

I have one word to explain the silence on my part for the last couple weeks:

Midterms.

I've been fairly loaded down with activities for a while, a fact that I alternately love and hate. It is good to be busy with so much that I love, but I will be incredibly glad for the long weekend coming up whence midterm exams will be mostly over. God has been faithful to carry me through the stress and pressure I keep putting on myself. I see more and more how much of a perfectionist I can be about myself, a trait that I sometimes diminishes, sometimes increases. I'm not in any way a control freak - I simply put very high demands on myself, and when I feel as though I can't get everything accomplished that I need to, the perfectionism shines through the strongest.

I need to count midterms a blessing - because they very much are a part of this expansive blessing called Education. So I have been striving to do just that, and striving to be as diligent as possible in studying. I have been working a lot in the computer lab, away from the distraction of AIM and food and coffee and the phone and... and... and... It's been incredibly beneficial, and it's fun to be surrounded by people who are doing the same thing I am doing. It makes me feel like a full-fledged college student. (as if being in my 4th year of school didn't make me full-fledged enough... haha) Tomorrow night I'll make sure to bring along my travel mug of caffeinated coffee, just to make sure I'm even fuller-fledged.



India

I haven't thought about India in any sort of detail since probably before I went to Guatemala last spring. I thought about it constantly up to that point, and since then I haven't thought much about either trip. Until two days ago. A flood of memories from India randomly washed over me. I marvelled at the specificity that was in the images and memories that I found myself in the middle of. Later that night when I was praying, it was on my heart again. And the next night. And I know by now that tonight when I go before the throne that it will be sitting there waiting for me.

I don't know what God is doing with this. I don't know what He's telling me, except to pray. So I do. I pray for the possibility of returning to my dearly loved country, I pray for my boys, for Bernard who is no longer 12, but is at least 16 now, assuming he is still walking the earth. I pray for the leaders of Hopegivers International. I pray for God's leading and direction in my life, and for strength to go if He calls, though the thought frightens me nearly to tears.




Souls in Harmony

While strolling to class this afternoon (late, for once) I heard a murmur of voices behind the trees. Peeking through the branches I caught a glimpse. Two souls in harmony, heads bowed, unaware of the watching passerby who immediately joined them in harmony, though they never knew it. This simple event made me smile and my heart was encouraged to see two brothers I have never even met. May God bless them for the joy they gave me.

Comments: Post a Comment

 

 

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

 See Who I Visit

Morgan

My home on the net

Steve

Lil bro Drew

Julie

Aaron

David

Keith

Rus

My bestest friend Jess

John Piper

Theophilus

Adam Ochuk

Real Live Preacher

Correction

Rhonda's Ramblings

DaveJac

Steven

Chrissy

 

 

Somethin' Cute

current
10/01/2002 - 11/01/2002
11/01/2002 - 12/01/2002
12/01/2002 - 01/01/2003
02/01/2003 - 03/01/2003
03/01/2003 - 04/01/2003
04/01/2003 - 05/01/2003
05/01/2003 - 06/01/2003
06/01/2003 - 07/01/2003
07/01/2003 - 08/01/2003
08/01/2003 - 09/01/2003
09/01/2003 - 10/01/2003
10/01/2003 - 11/01/2003
11/01/2003 - 12/01/2003
12/01/2003 - 01/01/2004
01/01/2004 - 02/01/2004
02/01/2004 - 03/01/2004
03/01/2004 - 04/01/2004
04/01/2004 - 05/01/2004
05/01/2004 - 06/01/2004
06/01/2004 - 07/01/2004

 

 

 

.::This page was designed by Morgan::.

.::Photo courtesy of Wide Eyed Wonder Photography 2003::.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?