"Death is a confirmation of the believer's creed. For the skeptic, it is discovery, immense and late. - Calvin Miller

 

"Let your adorning be the hidden person of the heart with the imperishable beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which in God's sight is very precious."

1 Peter 3:4

 

 

Say Jay's Speculations

 

 

 

. ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... .

 

. ... ... ... ... ... ... ... .

 

Tuesday, February 17, 2004

"After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible, is music."
Aldous Huxley

I need a Scab

Instead of diligently preparing for tomorrow, I find myself wandering aimlessly through websites and blogs. Perhaps it is a hangover of laziness from the long weekend that is creating this condition.
It was a lovely day today, full of slow and methodical working. I don't feel I accomplished much, but I am rested. Tomorrow life kicks back in again, full-swing with yet another midterm on Wednesday. I am beginning to feel unsettled about this one, and my very Being rebels against beginning afresh the process of staring endlessly at books and notes. I tried tonight, but it is as though my brain has gone on strike, leaving a note that says simply

"Enough with the studying!"

It's civil war against my perfectionism, I think.

I got a 4.0 last term, in every single class. Feel special for knowing that fact about me - it's not one I share with, well, anyone but my very closest friends. Rumors spread somehow anyways, and I have people I would never dream of telling saying to me "So is it true that you had a 4.0 cum GPA last quarter? At least that's what I heard..."

Funny thing is, I don't feel like I even worked that hard. I did work hard, but I could have worked so much harder. And I am this quarter, working so much harder. Now that I set that standard for myself, I feel like I need to meet it again. It's not that bad of a goal, I guess, to want to do the best I can, especially when so much is at stake - I am looking more and more forward into my possible future, and realizing the heavy burden of debt that will be on me if I don't continue doing well and applying for scholarships. I don't want to graduate and spend the rest of my life indebted to the government for my education. I would like to pay all that I owe off and be able to give freely and save wisely.

But I probably shouldn't pressure myself as much as I am. I know I'm going to pass my classes, even if I don't end up with a 4 point 0. Even if I don't graduate with a 3.87 GPA or higher... so what?! Really, even if I didn't pass my classes, I know God has it in His enormous hands, the very ones that created the oceans and hung the multitudes of stars that I admired as I walked outside on this clear and chilly night. What have I to fear? I have the grace and love of my Savior and I shall follow Him alone - not money nor success, nor men, nor my very own self.



Comments: Post a Comment

 

 

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

 See Who I Visit

Morgan

My home on the net

Steve

Lil bro Drew

Julie

Aaron

David

Keith

Rus

My bestest friend Jess

John Piper

Theophilus

Adam Ochuk

Real Live Preacher

Correction

Rhonda's Ramblings

DaveJac

Steven

Chrissy

 

 

Somethin' Cute

current
10/01/2002 - 11/01/2002
11/01/2002 - 12/01/2002
12/01/2002 - 01/01/2003
02/01/2003 - 03/01/2003
03/01/2003 - 04/01/2003
04/01/2003 - 05/01/2003
05/01/2003 - 06/01/2003
06/01/2003 - 07/01/2003
07/01/2003 - 08/01/2003
08/01/2003 - 09/01/2003
09/01/2003 - 10/01/2003
10/01/2003 - 11/01/2003
11/01/2003 - 12/01/2003
12/01/2003 - 01/01/2004
01/01/2004 - 02/01/2004
02/01/2004 - 03/01/2004
03/01/2004 - 04/01/2004
04/01/2004 - 05/01/2004
05/01/2004 - 06/01/2004
06/01/2004 - 07/01/2004

 

 

 

.::This page was designed by Morgan::.

.::Photo courtesy of Wide Eyed Wonder Photography 2003::.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?