"Death is a confirmation of the believer's creed. For the skeptic, it is discovery, immense and late. - Calvin Miller

 

"Let your adorning be the hidden person of the heart with the imperishable beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which in God's sight is very precious."

1 Peter 3:4

 

 

Say Jay's Speculations

 

 

 

. ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... .

 

. ... ... ... ... ... ... ... .

 

Sunday, January 04, 2004

I want to point out a few new (to me) bloggers that I have recently been reading, and would love to direct your attention to my links list... check out "Real Live Preacher" and "Correction." Often when I say that I wish I could write differently, it is because I have been reading some of the posts by these men. Creativity and flow seem to come easy to both. Maybe when I'm older I will have a similar flavor... :)

Did you know...

That when you breathe in, you are not actually sucking in air? The process of breathing is much different than I always assumed it was: First your body sends a message to your brain that you need oxygen (or air to support speech). Your brain then sends a message to the muscles in your abdomen that expand your rib cage up and outward, and your diaphragm pushes down (squishing your various innards down, which explains why your stomach moves out when you breathe). Then because of various laws that state that air pressure strives to be equal in all places, and the fact that in your lungs (which expand with your ribs because they are attached) there is a decrease in air pressure (more space in the lungs for air molecules to bump around in), air rushes in to equalize the pressure. Only, then the pressure in your lungs is greater than outside (try holding your breath... feel the pressure?), so the air rushes out again, and your muscles let your ribs contract because our muscles recoil like elastic when they don't need to be used...

Fascinating. There is something about learning (and understanding) something new that is contary to what I've always thought that just makes my heart pump a bit faster (I bet that involves some fun facts too!).

I saw a glass city of faeries tonight. They call their city "UnStepped." The moon was reigning in the sky again, having chased away the King of Snow Faeries who usurped the throne last night. Sire Lunar must have a tender place in his heart for UnStepped, judging by the way he lit their streetlights for them. They dazzled like a thousand gems amidst the crystalline windows and icy miniature streets that I could only JUST distinguish.

*grin* I think I would like to write faerie tales for myself and perhaps my children someday. It is relaxing and I can be as silly and expressive as I want.

Comments: Post a Comment

 

 

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

 See Who I Visit

Morgan

My home on the net

Steve

Lil bro Drew

Julie

Aaron

David

Keith

Rus

My bestest friend Jess

John Piper

Theophilus

Adam Ochuk

Real Live Preacher

Correction

Rhonda's Ramblings

DaveJac

Steven

Chrissy

 

 

Somethin' Cute

current
10/01/2002 - 11/01/2002
11/01/2002 - 12/01/2002
12/01/2002 - 01/01/2003
02/01/2003 - 03/01/2003
03/01/2003 - 04/01/2003
04/01/2003 - 05/01/2003
05/01/2003 - 06/01/2003
06/01/2003 - 07/01/2003
07/01/2003 - 08/01/2003
08/01/2003 - 09/01/2003
09/01/2003 - 10/01/2003
10/01/2003 - 11/01/2003
11/01/2003 - 12/01/2003
12/01/2003 - 01/01/2004
01/01/2004 - 02/01/2004
02/01/2004 - 03/01/2004
03/01/2004 - 04/01/2004
04/01/2004 - 05/01/2004
05/01/2004 - 06/01/2004
06/01/2004 - 07/01/2004

 

 

 

.::This page was designed by Morgan::.

.::Photo courtesy of Wide Eyed Wonder Photography 2003::.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?