"Death is a confirmation of the believer's creed. For the skeptic, it is discovery, immense and late. - Calvin Miller

 

"Let your adorning be the hidden person of the heart with the imperishable beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which in God's sight is very precious."

1 Peter 3:4

 

 

Say Jay's Speculations

 

 

 

. ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... .

 

. ... ... ... ... ... ... ... .

 

Tuesday, November 18, 2003

I had my hearing screened this morning as a class requirement. I haven't had my hearing tested since I was in elementary school, I am sure. I worried as I walked in with the graduate students who were performing the screening. What if they discover that I have a hearing loss? What if I have had a communication disorder all along and never knew? What if... what if?

Mom told me last night that Sam's stuttering is more pronounced lately. My heart breaks, not because of the realization that he will probably never be fully cured, but because of the realization and terror on his face when he recognizes this fact. "Mom," he cries wide-eyed, "my stuttering is coming back!"

What? When he realizes that there is no known cure for his massive disorder that affects millions of lives of children? When he realizes all the years of therapy will not make him completely better? What then?

They had me perform all of these defining actions with my mouth and tongue. "Say 'pa' until we tell you to stop... okay... now 'ta'... good... now 'ka'.... mhmmm... yeah, now 'pataka pataka.'"

"What if I fail? What if I cannot do it? This is how my baby brother feels." He sometimes cannot perform these simple demonstrations of normalcy.

Does panic and fear grip him at the thought of forever finding simplicity a challenge?

I love that God has given me a passion to make simplicity simpler for those I meet. I may never fix everything, I may never make simplicity into pure simplicity... but I may make it simpler for whatever it is worth.

Comments: Post a Comment

 

 

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

 See Who I Visit

Morgan

My home on the net

Steve

Lil bro Drew

Julie

Aaron

David

Keith

Rus

My bestest friend Jess

John Piper

Theophilus

Adam Ochuk

Real Live Preacher

Correction

Rhonda's Ramblings

DaveJac

Steven

Chrissy

 

 

Somethin' Cute

current
10/01/2002 - 11/01/2002
11/01/2002 - 12/01/2002
12/01/2002 - 01/01/2003
02/01/2003 - 03/01/2003
03/01/2003 - 04/01/2003
04/01/2003 - 05/01/2003
05/01/2003 - 06/01/2003
06/01/2003 - 07/01/2003
07/01/2003 - 08/01/2003
08/01/2003 - 09/01/2003
09/01/2003 - 10/01/2003
10/01/2003 - 11/01/2003
11/01/2003 - 12/01/2003
12/01/2003 - 01/01/2004
01/01/2004 - 02/01/2004
02/01/2004 - 03/01/2004
03/01/2004 - 04/01/2004
04/01/2004 - 05/01/2004
05/01/2004 - 06/01/2004
06/01/2004 - 07/01/2004

 

 

 

.::This page was designed by Morgan::.

.::Photo courtesy of Wide Eyed Wonder Photography 2003::.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?