"Let your adorning be the hidden person of the heart with the imperishable
beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which in God's sight is very precious."
1
Peter 3:4
"Death is a confirmation of the believer's creed. For the skeptic, it is discovery, immense and late. - Calvin Miller
I followed Rus' link to this site. If you have a couple minutes, read this man's writings. I was stunned.
It is times like that this that I am reminded of why I wish I could write more effectively. What I do write lately tends to be spit-up from my soul. My site should come complete with a burp rag to toss over your shoulder as you read. *grin*
I can't believe it has been so long since I wrote about anything but my current state of mind. There is a world full of writeable topics... and myself must rate among one of the least interesting topics for me to write about.
I have noticed a strange trend with the weather here at school, a trend that I have never known to be the case an hour and a half south at home. Here is the trend: When I leave my apartment for class in the morning, it is always warmer than it is when I LEAVE class two hours later. I know I am not imagining this, because I have had other people bring it up to ME at times. It seems like a contradiction... the later it gets in the morning, the warmer the day should be, correct? Apparently we do things in reverse here.
I love cold weather though. I love the necessity of bundling up. I hate wearing a hood though, for various and sundry reasons. The most important reason is that I always feel like I look silly in hoods. No one looks good in hoods. But for some reason, I decide that I will stand out if I put my hood on.
Now, logically, if it is pouring down rain and the wind is driving it into your face, are you going to be aware of the fashion trends of others around you as you speed your way to class, dashing to avoid puddles of water that will leave your shoes rain-soaked and squishy? No. So who CARES what a hood makes you look like.
Me. Yes, it's ridiculous. Especially because no one can even tell it's me UNDER the hood.
So really, I don't care that much, but it was something I was discussing with my friend Linnea the other day as we dodged the icy bullets falling from the sky on our way to the overcrowded bus shelter to await our always-late bus. It made for fun writing material...