"Death is a confirmation of the believer's creed. For the skeptic, it is discovery, immense and late. - Calvin Miller

 

"Let your adorning be the hidden person of the heart with the imperishable beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which in God's sight is very precious."

1 Peter 3:4

 

 

Say Jay's Speculations

 

 

 

. ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... .

 

. ... ... ... ... ... ... ... .

 

Sunday, October 12, 2003

Two nights in a row!! Nuts, isn't it? haha

I just really needed to post a follow up to last night's unsettling post because the Lord has showed me peace and wooed me with His unfailing love.

I went to a wedding tonight, which reminded me even more of the importance of waiting and loving my husband in thought and deed now, making myself beautiful for him alone (and at the root of that aim, truly, making myself beautiful only for teh Lord.)

But above all, I had tears glistening in my eyes, tears that I fought so hard to keep from spilling over during the service because God spoke into my soul through one of the hymns we sang. In light of the depth of feeling I was battling last night, I found it completely fitting and appropriately timed (as all of God's timing is!), and decided to share the words, though it is a familiar one to most.


[b]Great Is Thy Faithfulness

Great is Thy faithfulness, O God my Father;
There is no shadow of turning with Thee;
Thou changest not, Thy compassions, they fail not;
As Thou hast been, Thou forever will be.

Chorus
Great is Thy faithfulness
Great is Thy faithfulness
Morning by morning new mercies I see.
All I have needed Thy hand hath provided;
Great is Thy faithfulness, Lord, unto me

Summer and winter and springtime and harvest,
Sun, moon and stars in their courses above
Join with all nature in manifold witness
To Thy great faithfulness, mercy and love.

Chorus

Pardon for sin and a peace that endureth
Thine own dear presence to cheer and to guide;
Strength for today and bright hope for tomorrow,
Blessings all mine, with ten thousand beside

Chorus[/b]

All I have needed, He has already provided for in His great and marvelous plan. Even in autumn, harvest, even during my Table for Two season, His mercy and love are faithful and unchanging. Bright hope for tomorrow, blessings all mine with ten thousand beside. Yes, how could I fail to respond to such a message with anything but a humble plea for forgiveness at a selfish attitude? Though it is "natural" to crave attention and pursuit, it is not always right.

Comments: Post a Comment

 

 

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

 See Who I Visit

Morgan

My home on the net

Steve

Lil bro Drew

Julie

Aaron

David

Keith

Rus

My bestest friend Jess

John Piper

Theophilus

Adam Ochuk

Real Live Preacher

Correction

Rhonda's Ramblings

DaveJac

Steven

Chrissy

 

 

Somethin' Cute

current
10/01/2002 - 11/01/2002
11/01/2002 - 12/01/2002
12/01/2002 - 01/01/2003
02/01/2003 - 03/01/2003
03/01/2003 - 04/01/2003
04/01/2003 - 05/01/2003
05/01/2003 - 06/01/2003
06/01/2003 - 07/01/2003
07/01/2003 - 08/01/2003
08/01/2003 - 09/01/2003
09/01/2003 - 10/01/2003
10/01/2003 - 11/01/2003
11/01/2003 - 12/01/2003
12/01/2003 - 01/01/2004
01/01/2004 - 02/01/2004
02/01/2004 - 03/01/2004
03/01/2004 - 04/01/2004
04/01/2004 - 05/01/2004
05/01/2004 - 06/01/2004
06/01/2004 - 07/01/2004

 

 

 

.::This page was designed by Morgan::.

.::Photo courtesy of Wide Eyed Wonder Photography 2003::.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?