"Death is a confirmation of the believer's creed. For the skeptic, it is discovery, immense and late. - Calvin Miller

 

"Let your adorning be the hidden person of the heart with the imperishable beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which in God's sight is very precious."

1 Peter 3:4

 

 

Say Jay's Speculations

 

 

 

. ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... .

 

. ... ... ... ... ... ... ... .

 

Thursday, October 16, 2003

So, stuck in my old Bible, I found some poetry I wrote a year ago, and I couldn't remember if I had ever typed it up and put it on here... I did, and thought I would link you to the old entry if you are interested. "Fade Away" is one my favorite ones I have ever written. I think because it is just the kind of poetry I like reading best... cryptic enough that it takes thought on the part of the reader to follow the thought process of the poet (in this case, me, lol). It was complex in my mind as I wrote it, even if it doesn't come across that way. And maybe I'm making it up... but anyways, regardless of what anyone thinks, *I* like it, haha.

Try this.

I also found two more that I think I kept to myself at the time, and I figured I would tack them up here just because it would make for an interesting time for myself of thinking about where I was a year ago. :)

They are both untitled.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Beat. Thud. Jump. Break.
heart
Why? Feel not, care not
Cry not, they say.
Too young to love, too young
To know.
Lost in this sea of liquid pain
I feel not, for that is the
Rule.
Push down, hold out, weep not.
Emotion equals risk.
Sticks and stones a lie, emotions
Wound.
Still deeper than.
Wrenching, twisting, torn.
Why wait? Patience kills.

Inside me dazed.
Wandering labyrinths of new thought
Wrong turn, backtrack, new shot.
Too much.
To bear.
Release me from this torture
of captivity and ghostly unknown.
I long to feel.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Alone. Once again.
Happened again.
Will it always be the same?
Familiar story, well-read poem
Song vibrating in rhythm
With soul.
Known all too well how the ending goes.

Is it possible? Witty comic
relief shall I remain?
Eternally watching lovers stroll
Fingers entwined through fingers
Holding keys to another's heart.
Forever gazing wistfully at tender
goodnight kisses and sweet embrace.
Never knowing
My very being resounds
With the desperate plea for love.
"Notice me," it weeps
"Notice me just once."

The cry echoes
bumping on walls of a now-
silent room.
Slowly I fade back into the
Wallpaper, absorbing the hues of
Unnoticeable browns and greens.

~~~~~~~~

Funny how similar that last one sounds, eh? I told you autumn always affects me the same way each year... here is proof. I kind of chuckled when I re-read this poem yesterday, because it was so dang close to my entry on the 11th. *grin* Oh well. God is still faithful.

~Sarah~

Comments: Post a Comment

 

 

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

 See Who I Visit

Morgan

My home on the net

Steve

Lil bro Drew

Julie

Aaron

David

Keith

Rus

My bestest friend Jess

John Piper

Theophilus

Adam Ochuk

Real Live Preacher

Correction

Rhonda's Ramblings

DaveJac

Steven

Chrissy

 

 

Somethin' Cute

current
10/01/2002 - 11/01/2002
11/01/2002 - 12/01/2002
12/01/2002 - 01/01/2003
02/01/2003 - 03/01/2003
03/01/2003 - 04/01/2003
04/01/2003 - 05/01/2003
05/01/2003 - 06/01/2003
06/01/2003 - 07/01/2003
07/01/2003 - 08/01/2003
08/01/2003 - 09/01/2003
09/01/2003 - 10/01/2003
10/01/2003 - 11/01/2003
11/01/2003 - 12/01/2003
12/01/2003 - 01/01/2004
01/01/2004 - 02/01/2004
02/01/2004 - 03/01/2004
03/01/2004 - 04/01/2004
04/01/2004 - 05/01/2004
05/01/2004 - 06/01/2004
06/01/2004 - 07/01/2004

 

 

 

.::This page was designed by Morgan::.

.::Photo courtesy of Wide Eyed Wonder Photography 2003::.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?