"Death is a confirmation of the believer's creed. For the skeptic, it is discovery, immense and late. - Calvin Miller

 

"Let your adorning be the hidden person of the heart with the imperishable beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which in God's sight is very precious."

1 Peter 3:4

 

 

Say Jay's Speculations

 

 

 

. ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... .

 

. ... ... ... ... ... ... ... .

 

Friday, October 24, 2003

So, since passing out isn't my favorite thing to do, I will keep this brief as possible... not exactly a night for wandering musings, surely.

I have been reminded lately of a verse that I found a year or so ago, and I thought I might just get some thoughts out on it.

The verse is Judges 7:4b (the Lord speaking):
"'If I say 'This one shall go with you,' he shall go, but if I say 'This one shall not go with you,' he shall not go."

Just a little bit of quick background on this verse before I dive into why I like it so much. The background is that Gideon, a military leader of Israel in the Old Testament (also a "judge") is coming up against an army that greatly outnumbers his own, and he looks to the Lord for direction and strength. Instead of doing what any human being would do and building up the numbers of the Israelite army... God does exactly the opposite: he starts trimming out men from the ranks. Why, you ask? So His great power may be the only possible cause the Israelites could contribute their miraculous victory to.

Now I'm not coming up against an entire army. I'm not facing almost sure defeat, and I am definitely not trying to say I am Gideon in the least.

What I am trying to say is that this verse was an enormous encouragement to me throughout all of last year because I had it stuck to my computer monitor in order to keep my focus as Godly as possible. If He can defeat an enemy army with a very few "hand"selected men, He is surely powerful enough to hold the pen of my love story. If He commands for me to trust His wisdom in "who shall go with me," who am I but a mere small woman to disobey such a calling to faith?

I think that I had more thoughts about it earlier, but they currently escape me, which is a good indication that my pillow is a better thought at the moment. :)

Comments: Post a Comment

 

 

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

 See Who I Visit

Morgan

My home on the net

Steve

Lil bro Drew

Julie

Aaron

David

Keith

Rus

My bestest friend Jess

John Piper

Theophilus

Adam Ochuk

Real Live Preacher

Correction

Rhonda's Ramblings

DaveJac

Steven

Chrissy

 

 

Somethin' Cute

current
10/01/2002 - 11/01/2002
11/01/2002 - 12/01/2002
12/01/2002 - 01/01/2003
02/01/2003 - 03/01/2003
03/01/2003 - 04/01/2003
04/01/2003 - 05/01/2003
05/01/2003 - 06/01/2003
06/01/2003 - 07/01/2003
07/01/2003 - 08/01/2003
08/01/2003 - 09/01/2003
09/01/2003 - 10/01/2003
10/01/2003 - 11/01/2003
11/01/2003 - 12/01/2003
12/01/2003 - 01/01/2004
01/01/2004 - 02/01/2004
02/01/2004 - 03/01/2004
03/01/2004 - 04/01/2004
04/01/2004 - 05/01/2004
05/01/2004 - 06/01/2004
06/01/2004 - 07/01/2004

 

 

 

.::This page was designed by Morgan::.

.::Photo courtesy of Wide Eyed Wonder Photography 2003::.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?