"Death is a confirmation of the believer's creed. For the skeptic, it is discovery, immense and late. - Calvin Miller

 

"Let your adorning be the hidden person of the heart with the imperishable beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which in God's sight is very precious."

1 Peter 3:4

 

 

Say Jay's Speculations

 

 

 

. ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... .

 

. ... ... ... ... ... ... ... .

 

Friday, August 29, 2003

While cleaning late last night and attempting to weed out some of the junk that I don't need to take back to school with me in a couple weeks, I FINALLY found a poem I wrote earlier this year that I have been wishing to find for months. I was thrilled. I think it so clearly talks about what I wrote about a number of weeks ago pertaining to the fairy-tale perfect love of Christ.

Fairy Tale

In every great fairy tale
In all the stories spun
Each hero we might look to hail
As a picture of Christ, God's son.

And if it's so, this claim of mine
Each princess we do see
Is looking toward her prince, she pines
For him to set her free.

And in this pow'rful story
Our princess "Church" is named
Her Prince gets all the glory
For his Beloved, a shrew, he tamed.

He took this creature from ashes and dust
And found His greatest pleasure
In teaching her in whom to trust
And where to store her treasure.

Does she deserve this love divine?
Some try to say she does.
But those who long for Truth will find
And see just what she was.

What she was before His grace
Was dirty, foul, and lame
A pitiful cripple with a wrinkled face
Lined from years of shame.

But riding through the storm, He came
He stepped down from His steed,
He gently smiled and said her name
And "I'm all you'll ever need.

In me your joy will overflow
I'll carry all your heavy load
And when night comes you'll always know
I'm carrying you o'er the dusky road.

She ran to meet His warm embrace
For how could she resist
The promise of her past erased
And new life she'd somehow missed?

Off into the brilliant sunset
The holy couple ride.

But we haven't seen the end just yet
Of Christ and Church, His Bride.

Comments: Post a Comment

 

 

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

 See Who I Visit

Morgan

My home on the net

Steve

Lil bro Drew

Julie

Aaron

David

Keith

Rus

My bestest friend Jess

John Piper

Theophilus

Adam Ochuk

Real Live Preacher

Correction

Rhonda's Ramblings

DaveJac

Steven

Chrissy

 

 

Somethin' Cute

current
10/01/2002 - 11/01/2002
11/01/2002 - 12/01/2002
12/01/2002 - 01/01/2003
02/01/2003 - 03/01/2003
03/01/2003 - 04/01/2003
04/01/2003 - 05/01/2003
05/01/2003 - 06/01/2003
06/01/2003 - 07/01/2003
07/01/2003 - 08/01/2003
08/01/2003 - 09/01/2003
09/01/2003 - 10/01/2003
10/01/2003 - 11/01/2003
11/01/2003 - 12/01/2003
12/01/2003 - 01/01/2004
01/01/2004 - 02/01/2004
02/01/2004 - 03/01/2004
03/01/2004 - 04/01/2004
04/01/2004 - 05/01/2004
05/01/2004 - 06/01/2004
06/01/2004 - 07/01/2004

 

 

 

.::This page was designed by Morgan::.

.::Photo courtesy of Wide Eyed Wonder Photography 2003::.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?