"Let your adorning be the hidden person of the heart with the imperishable
beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which in God's sight is very precious."
1
Peter 3:4
"Death is a confirmation of the believer's creed. For the skeptic, it is discovery, immense and late. - Calvin Miller
I used to think that He was possibly leading me to full time foreign missions, and though that may be a possibility still, I really do feel like He is turning my heart toward women: young women, married women, grandmothers, all women. Maybe women in Latin America, but I think probably here in US.
There is so much to be said to women, so much that I have on my heart that I want all to know. I have a great burden for the message of the Lord Jesus, yes, but beyond that, how to live as a godly woman. Goodness knows I have a longer way to go than most before I am a godly woman, but I do think that God has given me a passion for this.
I know not in what form it will take. I don't know if it will come in the form of simply being a part of the church's women's ministry, Bible study leader. I don't know if it will look like writing books or travelling and speaking at retreats and conventions.
This is one of those things that I simply will not know until the Lord reveals it to me, and you know what? I'm really okay with that. I do not feel a great rush to be there yet. I simply want to know where He wants me NOW. Though young women often have a hard time making their voice heard for a number of reasons (age and gender, yes, even in the church. maybe especially in the church), I believe that God will enable me to speak or share or live any message He desires. So I will simply live my life for Him and pray that He uses that where He will.
Are there women out there with a passion for theology and learning like I have? I hope so. But beyond that, I know that I have other things that are not "theological" that must be said. Issues of modesty, issues of our goals and purposes and time management and what the Lord wants for us to be. I don't know. Just rambling now. Or maybe.. "speculating." ;)