"Death is a confirmation of the believer's creed. For the skeptic, it is discovery, immense and late. - Calvin Miller

 

"Let your adorning be the hidden person of the heart with the imperishable beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which in God's sight is very precious."

1 Peter 3:4

 

 

Say Jay's Speculations

 

 

 

. ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... .

 

. ... ... ... ... ... ... ... .

 

Wednesday, July 02, 2003

I can't believe it's July already! Time keeps just slipping through my fingertips like sand through the narrow part of the hourglass.
I must begin by saying that I haven't been this in love with Jesus for months. I am yearning and craving for more of Him like I used to, and I am loving every second of it.

It is so good for me to go through trial and pain and temptation and fear and know during all of it that Jesus is Lord and Sovereign over my life. Although faith doesn't require proof, the fact that He keeps me steadfastly by His side even when I am my weakest assures me so strongly of my secure foundation.

So despite the fact that last week I experienced one the hardest nights of my life ever to this point, I fell asleep with a smile on my lips and thoughts of my Lord's faithfulness to comfort and guard my heart and mind.

And what joy I have found in studying again! I want to devour, I want to learn, I want to challenge, and be challenged, and minister and lead and serve. I have been shown again the passion that had been lacking, the desire to die to sin every single day, every minute of the day. Forget the fact that it's humanly impossible, all things are possible with my God, and I am called to be holy.

And so, forgetting what is behind, I strain toward the hope of the cross, the hope that is so firmly planted in my soul that Jesus will come back, and I will hear the words, "Well done, my good and faithful servant." This member of the Bride of Christ is longing again to be faithful to One and One only.

When I wake in the morning,
I want to blow into pieces
I want more than just okay, more than just okay
~Switchfoot, More than Fine~

Comments: Post a Comment

 

 

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

 See Who I Visit

Morgan

My home on the net

Steve

Lil bro Drew

Julie

Aaron

David

Keith

Rus

My bestest friend Jess

John Piper

Theophilus

Adam Ochuk

Real Live Preacher

Correction

Rhonda's Ramblings

DaveJac

Steven

Chrissy

 

 

Somethin' Cute

current
10/01/2002 - 11/01/2002
11/01/2002 - 12/01/2002
12/01/2002 - 01/01/2003
02/01/2003 - 03/01/2003
03/01/2003 - 04/01/2003
04/01/2003 - 05/01/2003
05/01/2003 - 06/01/2003
06/01/2003 - 07/01/2003
07/01/2003 - 08/01/2003
08/01/2003 - 09/01/2003
09/01/2003 - 10/01/2003
10/01/2003 - 11/01/2003
11/01/2003 - 12/01/2003
12/01/2003 - 01/01/2004
01/01/2004 - 02/01/2004
02/01/2004 - 03/01/2004
03/01/2004 - 04/01/2004
04/01/2004 - 05/01/2004
05/01/2004 - 06/01/2004
06/01/2004 - 07/01/2004

 

 

 

.::This page was designed by Morgan::.

.::Photo courtesy of Wide Eyed Wonder Photography 2003::.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?