"Death is a confirmation of the believer's creed. For the skeptic, it is discovery, immense and late. - Calvin Miller

 

"Let your adorning be the hidden person of the heart with the imperishable beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which in God's sight is very precious."

1 Peter 3:4

 

 

Say Jay's Speculations

 

 

 

. ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... .

 

. ... ... ... ... ... ... ... .

 

Saturday, June 07, 2003

So, I was doing some thinking today:

I love sociology. It absolutely fascinates me, and I can't figure out exactly why. But it is something that I would spend my free time reading about, I think. I think it is because people as a group act differently than people as individuals... and the group processes are intriguing to me.

I also really really have enjoyed studying gender inequalities this quarter, and have realized that they are not totally one-sided, but that men have issues in which they are repressed. It makes me wonder if it could ever be different, if men and women could ever coexist in a truly egalitarian society. Are the gender stereotypes too deeply ingrained in our culture? Or *could* they be changed?

And should they? I am wondering where the Biblical model of femininity balances in here, because I value that over anything else that I could learn about society. It seems for the most part that the Bible includes feminism (in a sense. Not in the sense that probably most people would think of... but if feminism is defined as just the pursuit of women being esteemed as highly as men...), just as I think it could support a communist society among Christians if we weren't all fallen and sinful. But the tie-up comes when you believe that feminism is a pursuit of equal opportunities for women with men... and obviously the Bible doesn't support that as far as roles within the home, roles within the church.. etc.
Hmm... just a few thoughts bouncing through my head.

I am done with classes for the year, and have only finals left! Praise God! What a year this has been, and not an easy one in the least, but a good one all-around. I am ready and looking forward to new adventures for the summer and for fall.

Life is full of adventures. :)




Comments: Post a Comment

 

 

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

 See Who I Visit

Morgan

My home on the net

Steve

Lil bro Drew

Julie

Aaron

David

Keith

Rus

My bestest friend Jess

John Piper

Theophilus

Adam Ochuk

Real Live Preacher

Correction

Rhonda's Ramblings

DaveJac

Steven

Chrissy

 

 

Somethin' Cute

current
10/01/2002 - 11/01/2002
11/01/2002 - 12/01/2002
12/01/2002 - 01/01/2003
02/01/2003 - 03/01/2003
03/01/2003 - 04/01/2003
04/01/2003 - 05/01/2003
05/01/2003 - 06/01/2003
06/01/2003 - 07/01/2003
07/01/2003 - 08/01/2003
08/01/2003 - 09/01/2003
09/01/2003 - 10/01/2003
10/01/2003 - 11/01/2003
11/01/2003 - 12/01/2003
12/01/2003 - 01/01/2004
01/01/2004 - 02/01/2004
02/01/2004 - 03/01/2004
03/01/2004 - 04/01/2004
04/01/2004 - 05/01/2004
05/01/2004 - 06/01/2004
06/01/2004 - 07/01/2004

 

 

 

.::This page was designed by Morgan::.

.::Photo courtesy of Wide Eyed Wonder Photography 2003::.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?