"Death is a confirmation of the believer's creed. For the skeptic, it is discovery, immense and late. - Calvin Miller

 

"Let your adorning be the hidden person of the heart with the imperishable beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which in God's sight is very precious."

1 Peter 3:4

 

 

Say Jay's Speculations

 

 

 

. ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... .

 

. ... ... ... ... ... ... ... .

 

Monday, May 12, 2003

I figured it was probably time to meander over here and write... I don't know how people have time and energy to do it every day.
I haven't been particularly interesting lately, and so I think I have avoided updating. God is stretching me and filling in the places that tear apart, which is painful, but it's a sweet kind of pain. I didn't really realize until recently that that was possible: to hurt and find joy in that hurt.

I had such a wonderful time at home this weekend. I have begun to really miss my family and all the things that are going on. My little brothers have become baseball stars, and I don't even get to see one game! I'm not really homesick, I don't think, but just... afraid I'm going to miss out on so much over the next few years. And well, I am going to miss out on much, but I need to do that. It's time to be just Sarah more often, and learn who God wants me to be apart from mom and dad. It's hard, but good.
I promised myself to always be honest here, so I am going to be. It's a little harder to fulfill that promise when you know that some people actually DO read this, haha, but oh well.

I wish I could know what God was doing. Sometimes I feel like I'm a ship just floating around in some fog, and can't even figure out exactly what direction I'm floating toward. I could be going south when I'm supposed to be going north, and don't even know. But then I remember who has full ownership of this sad, broken down little ship: Jesus. He does the work of the entire crew: rebuilding me, sealing my decks, AND steering the ship. I am in great shape! This ship is getting made over into something fabulous and new.

There is just so much going on with me that I don't know still! Relationships are weird (but fun!), especially when you're not really in one, but kinda sorta. I have become firmly convinced of the need for prayer in any sort of friendship that one hopes may someday go farther than that. The only way I can rest in the Lord is knowing that He has ordained all my days before I was born. He is planning just what steps need to be taken, and I am praying that my will aligns with His. I need just to run as hard and fast as I can to be with my Jesus, and all else will take its place in priority.

In an email to a friend this morning, I was kind of stream-of-consciousness typing, and God just brought forth thoughts about where my citizenship lies. What an awesome analogy to my place on this earth! I really AM just a travelling foreigner, though at times I try to make this my home. It made me think of when I go to Italy someday (hehe, Lord, willing... James 4:13-15) and how much I want to see the things there are to see... and those things are wonderful, and they are my focus on the trip... but I also want to really SEE small villages and things that some people miss because they are in a hurry to get to the next place. God has each of us where we are for a reason, whether we understand that reason or not.

I take comfort in these things, for they are the only place to find lasting comfort. I can make it through long periods of waiting, if the Lord says I must. He never will put me in any position that I cannot get through with His hand guiding and directing me. I will find refuge and cling to the cleft of the rock He has placed me in, but I know I will never fall out, for His great palm holds me there in safety.
Mmm... it feels good to write.

Comments: Post a Comment

 

 

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

 See Who I Visit

Morgan

My home on the net

Steve

Lil bro Drew

Julie

Aaron

David

Keith

Rus

My bestest friend Jess

John Piper

Theophilus

Adam Ochuk

Real Live Preacher

Correction

Rhonda's Ramblings

DaveJac

Steven

Chrissy

 

 

Somethin' Cute

current
10/01/2002 - 11/01/2002
11/01/2002 - 12/01/2002
12/01/2002 - 01/01/2003
02/01/2003 - 03/01/2003
03/01/2003 - 04/01/2003
04/01/2003 - 05/01/2003
05/01/2003 - 06/01/2003
06/01/2003 - 07/01/2003
07/01/2003 - 08/01/2003
08/01/2003 - 09/01/2003
09/01/2003 - 10/01/2003
10/01/2003 - 11/01/2003
11/01/2003 - 12/01/2003
12/01/2003 - 01/01/2004
01/01/2004 - 02/01/2004
02/01/2004 - 03/01/2004
03/01/2004 - 04/01/2004
04/01/2004 - 05/01/2004
05/01/2004 - 06/01/2004
06/01/2004 - 07/01/2004

 

 

 

.::This page was designed by Morgan::.

.::Photo courtesy of Wide Eyed Wonder Photography 2003::.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?