"Death is a confirmation of the believer's creed. For the skeptic, it is discovery, immense and late. - Calvin Miller

 

"Let your adorning be the hidden person of the heart with the imperishable beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which in God's sight is very precious."

1 Peter 3:4

 

 

Say Jay's Speculations

 

 

 

. ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... .

 

. ... ... ... ... ... ... ... .

 

Sunday, February 09, 2003

The last couple of weeks have been utterly crazy. I have been meaning to update for um... let's see... a month and a half now? Haha!
It's the new quarter, now, and actually it's halfway over. I have been thrilled, it wasn't nearly as terrible as I thought it would be. I am kind of enjoying alot of classes, and was recently struck today with a fact... I could actually QUIT the music program next quarter if I wanted to! My scholarship isn't for *that* much that we couldn't make up the dividend, and I will have a bunch of class conflicts if I get this RA position.
Speaking of which... I had my RA interview today. Wow... that was nerve-wracking, but I've grown so much through just the process of applying and being interviewed. One very consoling thought, in light of all the things I've been learning about God's glory and plans in the last few months, was that no matter WHAT I said in my interview, if God wants me to have the job, I will get it. In spite of myself. Wow, isn't that an amazing thought? Nothing we can do will thwart the plans of the Lord!!
Guatemala. All I can say is this makes me fall to my knees in worship and adoration. I was so worried about whether to send out support letters or not, and then I felt the Lord laying it on my heart to do so. I prayed then that He would reveal the same thing to my Dad, and without me saying a thing to anyone, Daddy came over to me the next day and told me he thought I should send out letters... So I did. The Lord has been so gracious to me to bless me with people all over the country who He has prompted to pour out blessings on me. I am nearly halfway to raising all my support money. And it keeps coming every day. Hallelujah, the Lord does provide for us to serve Him in any capacity He has called us to! And yet, I am still surprised each time. Silly me.
Some big news that most people would roll their eyes in my direction at, but yet is a big deal to me: Derek Webb has left Caedmon's Call. I have somewhat mixed feelings, but over all I can see that God has His plans (here too, haha) and they are awesome plans for the ministries of Derek and Caedmon's. Alot of people are freaking out over at the board, acting like it's a funeral and stuff... and although I am saddened, there are great things coming through it, even already. Some new people have been posting at the board, and I've already made a number of new friends who, for some reason or another, decided to IM me and I've had such fun and even good conversation.
This week has been what I have decided to term "an up n down week." I was seriously in a different mood every 5 minutes, and I hate that. But this weekend has been so nice. I've been SUCH a bum, it's felt wonderful. Of course, I had my RA interviews, and I practiced and worked on my essay... but it was still a slacker nonetheless. And I loved it.
I've sat here figuring out more to say for quite some time now... but since it's 3:15 am I'm having a rought time making my brain come up with anything even non-interesting... so um, yeah, I guess I'll just go to bed now. More soon, I hope... there's more yet to talk about, but I can't think anymore... haha
~Sarah~

Comments: Post a Comment

 

 

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

 See Who I Visit

Morgan

My home on the net

Steve

Lil bro Drew

Julie

Aaron

David

Keith

Rus

My bestest friend Jess

John Piper

Theophilus

Adam Ochuk

Real Live Preacher

Correction

Rhonda's Ramblings

DaveJac

Steven

Chrissy

 

 

Somethin' Cute

current
10/01/2002 - 11/01/2002
11/01/2002 - 12/01/2002
12/01/2002 - 01/01/2003
02/01/2003 - 03/01/2003
03/01/2003 - 04/01/2003
04/01/2003 - 05/01/2003
05/01/2003 - 06/01/2003
06/01/2003 - 07/01/2003
07/01/2003 - 08/01/2003
08/01/2003 - 09/01/2003
09/01/2003 - 10/01/2003
10/01/2003 - 11/01/2003
11/01/2003 - 12/01/2003
12/01/2003 - 01/01/2004
01/01/2004 - 02/01/2004
02/01/2004 - 03/01/2004
03/01/2004 - 04/01/2004
04/01/2004 - 05/01/2004
05/01/2004 - 06/01/2004
06/01/2004 - 07/01/2004

 

 

 

.::This page was designed by Morgan::.

.::Photo courtesy of Wide Eyed Wonder Photography 2003::.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?