"Death is a confirmation of the believer's creed. For the skeptic, it is discovery, immense and late. - Calvin Miller

 

"Let your adorning be the hidden person of the heart with the imperishable beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which in God's sight is very precious."

1 Peter 3:4

 

 

Say Jay's Speculations

 

 

 

. ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... .

 

. ... ... ... ... ... ... ... .

 

Friday, December 13, 2002

Wow, for once I'm writing in the middle of the day... how odd is this? Haha... I don't know what to make of this free time that is thrown into my lap. So what do I do? Get online, of course! : )
My mind this morning is sort of centered around how much I love simplicity. I was drying my hair this morning and reading at the same time. This is a common occurrence with me, I feel like just standing and doing my hair is such a waste of time... besides, like I really want to just stare at myself in the mirror? Not particularly. Anyways... so I was reading this book called "For Everything a Season," by this Quaker minister, Philip Gulley, and I loved it so much... I just wanted to write a paragraph out... he was talking about having a garden, and it just reminded me of my love for gardens and my hopes to have one someday.

"As gardens go, ours is a good one, which serves two purposes nicely: providing food for our table and teaching ours ons the value of honest labor. It is their garden. They hoe the weeds and carry the water. They do not uproot every weed and their watering is indiscriminate; some plants are drowned while others groan with thirst, but my sons are growing muscles and a respect for nature and hard work.
The problem with America is that we don't garden as much as we once did. There are no rules againts video games and television in our neighborhood, which how many children pass their time. I would outlaw those character-numbing blights and require gardens. Gardens grow more than vegetables; they grow character. I don'tk now this for a fact, but I bet these schoolkids who go berserk and shoot their classmates have never worked in a garden. If they had, they'd appreciate the fragility of life and, having labored to bring it along, would be less inclined to snuff it out...
According to Genesis 2:8, the first garden ever was planted by God. 'And the Lord God planted a garden in Eden, in the east; and there he put the man whom he had formed.' Unfortunately, it didn't work out. The man wasn't much help, plus God put trees in the graden, which is ill advised. Trees mean shade and garden sneed full sun. That could have been some of the problem."

Hehe, anyways, I giggled over that for quite a while, and my mom heard me and came in to inquire what was so funny, so I had to share with her... good times... good times....
~~Sarah~

Comments: Post a Comment

 

 

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

 See Who I Visit

Morgan

My home on the net

Steve

Lil bro Drew

Julie

Aaron

David

Keith

Rus

My bestest friend Jess

John Piper

Theophilus

Adam Ochuk

Real Live Preacher

Correction

Rhonda's Ramblings

DaveJac

Steven

Chrissy

 

 

Somethin' Cute

current
10/01/2002 - 11/01/2002
11/01/2002 - 12/01/2002
12/01/2002 - 01/01/2003
02/01/2003 - 03/01/2003
03/01/2003 - 04/01/2003
04/01/2003 - 05/01/2003
05/01/2003 - 06/01/2003
06/01/2003 - 07/01/2003
07/01/2003 - 08/01/2003
08/01/2003 - 09/01/2003
09/01/2003 - 10/01/2003
10/01/2003 - 11/01/2003
11/01/2003 - 12/01/2003
12/01/2003 - 01/01/2004
01/01/2004 - 02/01/2004
02/01/2004 - 03/01/2004
03/01/2004 - 04/01/2004
04/01/2004 - 05/01/2004
05/01/2004 - 06/01/2004
06/01/2004 - 07/01/2004

 

 

 

.::This page was designed by Morgan::.

.::Photo courtesy of Wide Eyed Wonder Photography 2003::.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?