"Death is a confirmation of the believer's creed. For the skeptic, it is discovery, immense and late. - Calvin Miller

 

"Let your adorning be the hidden person of the heart with the imperishable beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which in God's sight is very precious."

1 Peter 3:4

 

 

Say Jay's Speculations

 

 

 

. ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... .

 

. ... ... ... ... ... ... ... .

 

Saturday, December 07, 2002

I'm home again! Yay, I love being home, for the most part. Ask me again on Sunday, though, lol, and I'll probably be ready to be back at school.
I'm pretty tired, but I wanted to update this a bit. I went to a Christmas Tea at church with mom tonight, it's an annual tradition that I love. The speaker tonight gave a message actually from the perspective of the mother of Mary... it was interesting, and I didn't know exactly what to think, because the story itself wasn't founded directly on Scripture, but it was a pretty accurate depiction of what probably or possibly happened when Mary received the news from the angel of the Lord that she would be with child. And every once in a while I am really hit by what Mary was, what she went through, and what kind of woman she must have been for the Father to choose her to rear His son. I wish I knew her.
I bet she was beautiful. There is something about godly women who, no matter what they physically look like, something, which is the joy of the Lord, shines through and illuminates their faces until they are beautiful and peaceful and full of grace. I have heard conjectures that she was only 13 or 14, but I really bet she was more like 17 or 18. I have heard both theories, and since it's not really essential that I know, I'll choose to imagine her closer to my age. What a blessing, what an incredible blessing from God. But oh what a responsibility. Can you imagine? Raising your own children, regular children, is scary enough, but to have the responsibility to "bring up God"? Lol, I wonder... I just wonder.
And I doubt she had alot of family support. We know she had Elizabeth at least. What a bond of womanhood they must have shared that 3 months Mary stayed with her relative. Both expectant mothers, both pregnant women who were only made so by the divine intervention of God. I would give so much to be a fly on the wall during some of their conversations.
But Mary... she sacrificed so much to follow God. Her family. Her home. Her reputation. Did she realize what she was getting herself into that day the angel appeared to her? Did she know? How could she have?
The special music tonight was "Mary, Did You Know?" I wanted to put the lyrics up here, because I love this song. I think that I never will get to see Jesus as He as a baby. Precious Baby... I wish with so much of my heart I could. Mary was truly blessed, whether she realized it or not.

Mary, Did you Know?

Mary did you know, That your baby boy, Would one day walk on water?
Did you know that your baby boy would save our sons and daughters?
Did you know that your baby boy has come to make you new?
This child that you've delivered, will soon deliver you.

Mary did you know, that your baby boy would give sight to a blind man?
Did you know that your baby boy, would calm a storm with his hands?
Did you know that your baby boy , has walked where angels trod?
When you kiss your little baby, you've kissed the face of God.

Oh Mary did you know---

The blind will see, the deaf will hear, and the dead will live again.
The lame will leap, the dumb will speak, the praises of the lamb-----.

Mary did you know, that your baby boy, is Lord of all creation?
Did you know that your baby boy, would one day rule the nation?
Did you know, that your baby boy is heaven's perfect Lamb?
This sleeping child you're holding, is the great--, I--- AM-------.

I didn't write that, obviously, lol, but I can't find who did... so... credit given to whomever it is due.

Comments: Post a Comment

 

 

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

 See Who I Visit

Morgan

My home on the net

Steve

Lil bro Drew

Julie

Aaron

David

Keith

Rus

My bestest friend Jess

John Piper

Theophilus

Adam Ochuk

Real Live Preacher

Correction

Rhonda's Ramblings

DaveJac

Steven

Chrissy

 

 

Somethin' Cute

current
10/01/2002 - 11/01/2002
11/01/2002 - 12/01/2002
12/01/2002 - 01/01/2003
02/01/2003 - 03/01/2003
03/01/2003 - 04/01/2003
04/01/2003 - 05/01/2003
05/01/2003 - 06/01/2003
06/01/2003 - 07/01/2003
07/01/2003 - 08/01/2003
08/01/2003 - 09/01/2003
09/01/2003 - 10/01/2003
10/01/2003 - 11/01/2003
11/01/2003 - 12/01/2003
12/01/2003 - 01/01/2004
01/01/2004 - 02/01/2004
02/01/2004 - 03/01/2004
03/01/2004 - 04/01/2004
04/01/2004 - 05/01/2004
05/01/2004 - 06/01/2004
06/01/2004 - 07/01/2004

 

 

 

.::This page was designed by Morgan::.

.::Photo courtesy of Wide Eyed Wonder Photography 2003::.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?