"Death is a confirmation of the believer's creed. For the skeptic, it is discovery, immense and late. - Calvin Miller

 

"Let your adorning be the hidden person of the heart with the imperishable beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which in God's sight is very precious."

1 Peter 3:4

 

 

Say Jay's Speculations

 

 

 

. ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... .

 

. ... ... ... ... ... ... ... .

 

Monday, November 04, 2002

Well, I'm ready to throw up my hands and just go to bed. I tried to post this once already, but it got lost. And I really need to get to bed, so I can't finish all my thoughts out... but I'll give you a bit...
I was thinking today that I don't even know if I know anyone I would want to date right now. To me the purpose of dating is ultimately marriage. I would never date someone I wouldn't consider marrying. If I did, my heart would get broken and used too much. I'm very careful about guys. Which might be a big part of the trouble... but it's good trouble, I'm coming to see. I need to hold out for someone who is truly what my heart cries out for. Someone who will take my hand and pull me out into the pouring rain just because he loves the feel of raindrops on his face and wants to share that with me. Someone who would drop everything when a slow song comes on the radio that he wants to dance to with me. Someone who would kidnap me and surprise me with a hike up a mountain just to see the sun rise or set. Someone with gentle hands and a kind heart and dancing eyes. Someone who sees the beauty in simplicity. But most importantly, someone who loves me only second to our Lord, someone who is so in love with God that it just flows out to the rest of his life. These are the things my heart is longing for right now. I have so much more to say, but my head is foggy, and so it's time for bed.

Comments: Post a Comment

 

 

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

 See Who I Visit

Morgan

My home on the net

Steve

Lil bro Drew

Julie

Aaron

David

Keith

Rus

My bestest friend Jess

John Piper

Theophilus

Adam Ochuk

Real Live Preacher

Correction

Rhonda's Ramblings

DaveJac

Steven

Chrissy

 

 

Somethin' Cute

current
10/01/2002 - 11/01/2002
11/01/2002 - 12/01/2002
12/01/2002 - 01/01/2003
02/01/2003 - 03/01/2003
03/01/2003 - 04/01/2003
04/01/2003 - 05/01/2003
05/01/2003 - 06/01/2003
06/01/2003 - 07/01/2003
07/01/2003 - 08/01/2003
08/01/2003 - 09/01/2003
09/01/2003 - 10/01/2003
10/01/2003 - 11/01/2003
11/01/2003 - 12/01/2003
12/01/2003 - 01/01/2004
01/01/2004 - 02/01/2004
02/01/2004 - 03/01/2004
03/01/2004 - 04/01/2004
04/01/2004 - 05/01/2004
05/01/2004 - 06/01/2004
06/01/2004 - 07/01/2004

 

 

 

.::This page was designed by Morgan::.

.::Photo courtesy of Wide Eyed Wonder Photography 2003::.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?