"Let your adorning be the hidden person of the heart with the imperishable
beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which in God's sight is very precious."
1
Peter 3:4
"Death is a confirmation of the believer's creed. For the skeptic, it is discovery, immense and late. - Calvin Miller
I don't have anything particular to say tonight. But I just wanted to get on here and... type.
I don't know if I'm in a swoony mood tonight or... reflective... or both. So I'll just type whatever comes to mind. And if you get tired of my ramblings, just know that well, you probably would get bored of me in real life too then... haha!
In our bathrooms we have a place for people to write stuff... and one of the topics is "favorite pick up lines," and one that just stuck in my head... and that I would just die if someone said this to me: "I wish I were one of your tears so I could be born in your eyes, live on your cheek and die on your lips." For some reason that is just so romantic to me~~ of course, not said in the context of a pickup line.
And my roommate was watching "Runaway Bride" tonight and yelled for me to watch my favorite part... she knows how much I love the lines Richard Gere says to Julia Roberts... about wanting a man who just can't wait til you wake up every morning just because he's bursting to hear what you're going to say next... etc etc... Movies... in a way I'm glad real life isn't the movies, but the hopeless romantic in me just sighs for things like that happen to me.
Patience. Patience. Yes, I know, Lord, patience.
I'm so excited to go home this Tuesday! It's a strange thought to me when I realize that I've only been at home about the equivalent of 3 days for the past 3 months. 3 months ago tomorrow was the first day of classes! Crazy!! It's gone really fast, and I've loved most every minute of it.
God has just been doing amazing things in my life. I'm panting after Him like I can hardly believe... and the coolest thing is that this panting is not self-induced at all. I couldn't POSSIBLY find these depths of emotion in myself alone. So, it's been amazing.
I was thinking today about some of my favorite books in the world, thanks to a thread on cc.net... and it turned my mind to the character of Elsie Dinsmore. I forget about those books so often, but every now and then my mind wanders back to her. She is the model Godly woman. Sweet, gracious, loving, kind, strong, firm when need be. Submissive. Longing after Jesus and feeding on His words and training up her children in righteousness. I think I need to go back and re re re read those again... they always inspire me to be like her, but only because she is so like my Lord.
I guess something I've been reminded of is what a beautiful mystery femininity can be. Our society and the ultra-feminist movement I'm surrounded with here in classes and stuff bombard us with this image that women are men's EQUAL... but they use equal in a different sense of the word than God uses it. Men and women are NOT the same, no matter what the world says. God created us each in his image, each bearing different qualities of Himself.
Anyways... now I'm just rambling. I am loving that God is pushing me in so many different aspects of life.
I'm frustrated in my church-searching... I refuse to lower my standards. Knowing full well that there is no such thing as "perfect church" here on earth, because the church on earth is made up of imperfect humans, yet I still long for teaching that I KNOW is coming directly from the word of God, and worship that is done correctly, and gifts that God has bestowed used APPROPRIATELY, and a place where family is important. Although I don't have family up here... I desire a church where the family plays a tremendous role in each member's life. So anyone that happens to be reading this... please pray for me in that respect. I am not sure what I will do if there is just no church up here that I can enter into fellowship with.
I think I will head off to bed here... kind of getting sleepy... I want to spend some time with my Jesus before I sleep though...