"Death is a confirmation of the believer's creed. For the skeptic, it is discovery, immense and late. - Calvin Miller

 

"Let your adorning be the hidden person of the heart with the imperishable beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which in God's sight is very precious."

1 Peter 3:4

 

 

Say Jay's Speculations

 

 

 

. ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... .

 

. ... ... ... ... ... ... ... .

 

Monday, October 21, 2002

Well, here it is folks, my very own blog on which to speculate and ponder... I have been wondering for days and months and weeks about whether I was actually computer literate enough to make this work: so far, so good.
I don't know if I'll ever have any visitors, but even if I don't, it will be a place where I can come and ramble and speculate without feeling guilty by posting randomness on my favorite website of all time: Caedmonscall.net (and, particularly, the Rumor Board).
I thougth about naming this Say Jay's Shibboleths. "Shibboleth?" you are probably wondering... it seemed like such a good word to describe the oddity that flows out of my brain every once in a while. Now, if you're still curious enough to care, here's Merriam-Webster's definition of "shibboleth:"

"A word or saying used by adherents of a party, sect, or belief, and usually regarded by others as empty of real meaning."

So often my thoughts relate back to God and the way He works, and they would seem meaningless to many. But meaningless, they are not. :-) I just liked the sound of Say Jay's Speculations better. Sounds like a kind of popsicle you might buy from the ice cream man...

You know what's funny about the internet? You can get closer to someone in 4 days, or even 2, than you can in a year with some people in real life. It is so easy to open up and be yourself, and I think it's because the risk factor seems so low. But recently I realized that the risk factor has leapt up for me: if I lose any of my online friends, it would be fairly devastating. The way the folks from .net have impacted my life for Jesus. Fellowship, even online, across the country, or on the phone is so important. And these, my friends, are constants. What a blessing it is to me to know there are people praying for me that live on the other side of the continent. People that I've never even met, but who are my true sisters and brothers in a way that no one without Christ could ever understand.
Ahh, and since I love poetry, I might be splashing mine here and there every once in a while. But I was watching "Dead Poets Society" the other day, and Robin Williams' character, Mr. Keating, made a comment that really stuck in my head, so I thought I would copy it out here for you...

"We don't read and write poetry because it's cute. We read and write poetry because we are members of the human race and the human race is filled with passion... poetry, beauty, romance, love: these are what we stay alive for..."
Anyways, just a neat reminder of parts of the reason I write anything ever at all...
Sarah Jane

Comments: Post a Comment

 

 

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

 See Who I Visit

Morgan

My home on the net

Steve

Lil bro Drew

Julie

Aaron

David

Keith

Rus

My bestest friend Jess

John Piper

Theophilus

Adam Ochuk

Real Live Preacher

Correction

Rhonda's Ramblings

DaveJac

Steven

Chrissy

 

 

Somethin' Cute

current
10/01/2002 - 11/01/2002
11/01/2002 - 12/01/2002
12/01/2002 - 01/01/2003
02/01/2003 - 03/01/2003
03/01/2003 - 04/01/2003
04/01/2003 - 05/01/2003
05/01/2003 - 06/01/2003
06/01/2003 - 07/01/2003
07/01/2003 - 08/01/2003
08/01/2003 - 09/01/2003
09/01/2003 - 10/01/2003
10/01/2003 - 11/01/2003
11/01/2003 - 12/01/2003
12/01/2003 - 01/01/2004
01/01/2004 - 02/01/2004
02/01/2004 - 03/01/2004
03/01/2004 - 04/01/2004
04/01/2004 - 05/01/2004
05/01/2004 - 06/01/2004
06/01/2004 - 07/01/2004

 

 

 

.::This page was designed by Morgan::.

.::Photo courtesy of Wide Eyed Wonder Photography 2003::.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?