"Death is a confirmation of the believer's creed. For the skeptic, it is discovery, immense and late. - Calvin Miller

 

"Let your adorning be the hidden person of the heart with the imperishable beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which in God's sight is very precious."

1 Peter 3:4

 

 

Say Jay's Speculations

 

 

 

. ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... .

 

. ... ... ... ... ... ... ... .

 

Friday, October 25, 2002

Haha, ok, so, I just have to tell y'all that my roommate Sarah read my blog from the other night and flipped out. She was like, "You were in a state of emotional turmoil, and I was sitting here watching a video of the musical Chorus Line?!?!" So, didn't mean to make anyone worried. Those of you who know what's goin down... well, you know it's not at all a big deal. Not freak anyone out, haha. I was more illustrating the point that little things that go wrong can just serve to show you how bad something really bad could upset your life. That was all. No biggie.
So, I have to plug one of my new favorite bands... If y'all haven't heard of Jacob's Well... PLEASE check out their site and take a listen. Really good stuff... www.wellwatermusic.com . They're kind of acoustic, with some great worship songs. And guess where they're from?!?! Seattle!!!!! So, even though they're not real well known round these here parts yet, with my help, they'll soon become famous on the campus of Western Washington University. Heheh. I'm looking into getting them up here to Stuart's, which would be awesome if that works out.
Last night I really wanted to spend time with God, just writing journal entries, poetry, songs... but I had so much homework. And most of the time I did spend with Him ended up in prayer for other people. Oh well. It was good, I need to make sure I'm setting aside time like that to pray for the people I say I'm going to pray for. There's just so many people in need of prayer now.
You know that feeling of pain when you see other people in pain? Like when you're watching a movie, and the guy gets his arm cut off or something, and you jump back? Or, say, like in Braveheart, during the torture scene; I just cringe. Why is that? I myself am not really being affected by torture. But that's what I feel when I find out a sister or brother is hurting. I just can't help but want to cry and dig my nails into the palms of my hands. Especially when it seems so wrong for them to be hurting. Does that even make sense? I don't know. I don't know why it hurts me so bad to see others hurt. But it makes Galatians 6:2 very real to me.
Probably more later on today... or tomorrow...
Say Jay

Comments: Post a Comment

 

 

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

 See Who I Visit

Morgan

My home on the net

Steve

Lil bro Drew

Julie

Aaron

David

Keith

Rus

My bestest friend Jess

John Piper

Theophilus

Adam Ochuk

Real Live Preacher

Correction

Rhonda's Ramblings

DaveJac

Steven

Chrissy

 

 

Somethin' Cute

current
10/01/2002 - 11/01/2002
11/01/2002 - 12/01/2002
12/01/2002 - 01/01/2003
02/01/2003 - 03/01/2003
03/01/2003 - 04/01/2003
04/01/2003 - 05/01/2003
05/01/2003 - 06/01/2003
06/01/2003 - 07/01/2003
07/01/2003 - 08/01/2003
08/01/2003 - 09/01/2003
09/01/2003 - 10/01/2003
10/01/2003 - 11/01/2003
11/01/2003 - 12/01/2003
12/01/2003 - 01/01/2004
01/01/2004 - 02/01/2004
02/01/2004 - 03/01/2004
03/01/2004 - 04/01/2004
04/01/2004 - 05/01/2004
05/01/2004 - 06/01/2004
06/01/2004 - 07/01/2004

 

 

 

.::This page was designed by Morgan::.

.::Photo courtesy of Wide Eyed Wonder Photography 2003::.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?